My bipods get a workout whether its hunting trips in the rugged New Zealand alps, long distance shooting in the harsh outback or long days at the range for a competition shoot. Because of these challenging conditions I am always on the lookout for the best rifle bipods on the market.
Having extensively used a number of popular bipods over the years such as Harris, Warne and Atlas this guide will help show the popular choices on the market.
Competition shooting requires stability and reliability. A built for purpose bipod can make the difference between a hit or miss. For shooters in the market for a competition bipod, here’s a detailed look at the best rifle bipods in the competition shooting world.
1. Warne Precision Bipod:
Crafted for the modern shooter, the Warne Precision Bipod stands out as an incredibly durable and adaptable bipod. I have been running one of these for around 8 months now and in terms of the best rifle bipods, its my favorite of the lot.
Designed with Picatinny and ARCA rail mounting options, the Warne Precision Bipod can be integrated with most rifles used in competition shooting. Its adjustable cant system further allows for precise adjustments, crucial for those shots that require the adaptability in the field.
While the lightweight design aids in portability, the bipod doesn’t compromise on its strength, making it suitable for various outdoor conditions. Whether you’re on the bench or in the field, Warne promises stability. Full review available here.
Quick Stats Warne Precision Bipod
- Quickly attaches to any Picatinny Type Rail
- One Hand adjustability
- Rapid leg deployment from horizontal to 90°
- 3 Position Leg Rotation: 0°, 45°, 90°
- Leg Extension Min Height 6.9 inch/Max Height 9.1 inch
- 22° Total Cant 44° Total Pan
- Weighs 16.5 oz
- Designed and MADE IN USA
2. MDT Ckye-Pod:
The MDT Ckye-Pod receives alot of attention as it is continuously refined. There are a huge array of variants in the Ckye-Pod lineup catering to almost every rifle mounting option and shooters need.
Beyond its dual pull and push leg design, the Ckye-Pod has a ball and socket mechanism. This feature gives shooters the freedom to quickly and seamlessly adjust their rifle’s position without the need for constant re-clamping.
An essential aspect of the Ckye-Pod is its balance. The central mounting system ensures an even weight distribution, reducing any undue stress on the bipod and maintaining consistent stability. Ckye-Pod’s a worth a look as there will be at least one variant that will suit your needs.
Quick Stats MDT Ckye-Pod
- Single-handed adjustment
- Provides ultimate traction with spiked feet (Compatible/interchangeable with other brands of feet)
- Crafted from hard anodized aluminum
- 170 degrees of cant
- 360 degrees of pan
- Quick release push button Picatinny mount OR Quick adjust ARCA / RRS dovetail mount
- Separate tension adjustments for pan and cant features
- Built-in barricade stop
- Four leg length options:
- PRS Short (approx. 7.5″ collapsed, 13″ extended)
- Standard (approx. 9″ collapsed, 15″ extended)
- Double Pull (approx. 9″ collapsed, 18.5″ extended)
- Triple Pull (approx. 14.5″ collapsed, 36″ extended)
- Weight: 21 oz.
- Made in Canada
3. Harris Bipod:
The most popular style of bipod on the market, the Harris range of bipods have been around for decades. I have run one on my rimfire setup for years and love the easy functionality and reliability.
There are countless clones of the Harris Bipod on the market but the legitimate ones are often the choice of military and law enforcement due to their reliability and proven track record. Their S-Series, with swivel capabilities, are particularly noteworthy for competitive shooters. Harris offers various attachment systems, allowing for compatibility with a broad range of rifles. The Harris has been synonimos with precision shooting for along time and its an easy inclusion for the best rifle bipods list.
Quick Stats Harris Bipod
- Extends from 6” to 9”
- Notched legs in 1” increments
- Legs are spring loaded, for fast deployment.
- Solid Base
- Attaches to the sling swivel stud.
- Ultralight weight – 11 oz
- Most useful for shooting off the bench.
- 100% Made in the USA.
- Heat treated steel and hard alloys
- Hard Rubber Leg Caps
- Anodized Black
4. Accu-Tac Bipod:
The Accu-Tac would be a big upgrade form a Harris, this bipod offers very similar functions to some of the other high end bipods but differs through its wide legs. The wider footprint gives the user a more stable platform to shoot from. The bipod features four locking positions giving you several options for shooting at different positions. It also include a locking lever for quick attaching and detaching.
The Accu-Tac is a favorite among many professional shooters and is a solid option for a high end feature packed bipod.
Quick Stats Accu-Tac Bipod
- Materials 6061 T6 Aluminum alloy / High strength steel hardware
- Min. Height (Legs at 45°) 5.5” / 140 mm
- Min. Height (Legs at 90°) 6.75” / 171.5 mm
- Max. Height (Legs at 90°) 8.25” / 210 mm
- Min. Stance (Legs at 45°) 8.0” / 203 mm
- Max. Stance (Legs at 90°) 12.25” / 311 mm
- Closed Position Width 3.250” / 82.5 mm
- Closed Position Length 7.5” / 190 mm
- Weight 20 oz
- Color Flat Black
- Coating Type III ( MIL-SPEC ) Hard Anodize
5. Evolution Bipod:
As the name suggests, the Evolution Bipod brings some interesting features and design to the table. What sets the Evolution Bipod apart is its ability to adapt to different users requirments. By allowing shooters to change its legs, it can be tailored for specific environments and requirements.
Time is often of the essence in competition shooting and the Evolution Bipod’s swift adjustment mechanisms ensure you waste no time in setting up the perfect shot.
Quick Stats Evolution Bipod
- Quick-detach legs
- One-handed operation.
- Spiked feet (sold separately) that can attach directly to the bipod for an ultra-low leg or to the end of any leg for better grip on soft surfaces.
- Standard leg length options are 7-10″, 8-11″, and 10-14″. Sitting length legs are 12-19″, 16-23″ 22-29″.
- Carbon fiber and aircraft grade aluminum our legs are extremely strong, lightweight, and durable.
- Non-rotational legs, and pivots. All aspects of the leg assemblies will be non-rotational.
- Weight by leg length: 13 oz. for 7-10″, 14 oz. for 8-11″, and 15 oz for 10-14″ legs.
6. Magpul Bipod:
Magpul is known for their super durable designs and its bipod is a testament to its commitment to quality. Magpul has ensured that their bipod caters to the needs of today’s competitive shooter, emphasising both function and sleek aesthetics. The bipod is on the more affordable side of the price scale, so its lacking some features and refinement of the more expensive options but its still a worthy choice that will do the job.
Magpul’s bipod has an array of mounting options, from sling stud, Picatinny, M-LOK and Picatinny to even A.R.M.S. 17S style making it highly compatible.
Quick Stats Magpul Bipod
- Height, max 10.0 in.
- Weight 8 oz.
- Mil-spec hard anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum
- Stainless steel internals
- Spring-tensioned legs stow neatly forward and snap down
- Leg extensions slide and lock securely with the push of a button
- Staggered soft rubber feet hold fast on a variety of shooting surfaces
7. Spartan Valhalla Bipod:
The Spartan Valhalla Bipod is a high-end, versatile shooting bipod designed for use in various shooting disciplines, including hunting, tactical applications, and competitive shooting. Spartan Precision Equipment is known for creating innovative, lightweight, and robust bipods and tripods that enhance the stability of shooters rifle platforms.
The carbon fiber legs help keep the weight down and provide good durability. Its a bonus that the bipod comes from a well respected company who have a great reputation for quality and customer service.
Quick Stats Spartan Valhalla Bipod
- CNC machined from 7075-T7351 aluminium billet with a hard-anodised black finish
- Durable tungsten carbide tips with tethered synthetic boots to enhance grip on all terrains
- Five leg pitch settings from 0° to 180°
- Cant facility for uneven surfaces
- Spring-assisted tac legs for quick one handed height adjustment
- Modularly designed to accept a range of different legs for different shooting positions and terrains
- Mount the Valhalla directly onto the Sentinel tripod system and any other product fitted with a Davros mount
- Supplied with storage case and your choice of Valhalla Picatinny and M-Lok Adapters. Other adapter options available
8. Atlas PSR Bipod:
The Atlas PSR (Precision Sniper Rifle) Bipod is a high-quality, versatile bipod system designed for use on rifles, particularly in the context of military, law enforcement, and precision shooting. This bipod is part of the lineup produced by B&T Industries LLC, known for creating robust and innovative support systems for tactical and sporting rifles. Up there with Harris in terms of popularity, the Atlas series are an easy inclusion for the best rifle bipods list.
The Atlas PSR Bipod is favored among precision rifle shooters because of its solid construction and the stable platform it provides for shooting at range. I have run an Atlas on some heavy rifle setups over the past three years and impressed with its performance.
Quick Stats Atlas PSR Bipod
- Height Range approximately 4.75 – 9.0″ (standard height)
- 15 degrees +/- of preloaded Pan.
- 15 degrees +/- of preloaded Cant.
- Leg positions are; stowed back, 90 degrees straight down, 45 degrees forward and stowed forward.
- Weight is 331 grams
- Available in black only.
- Made in the USA
Choosing the right bipod goes beyond brand names. Factors like the mounting system, leg adjustability, swivel capabilities, and build quality play a role. Always ensure that the bipod complements your rifle, shooting style, and the terrains you’ll be in. Below is a quick summary of our thoughts on the best rifle bipods.